Sussex Police investigate a spate of break-ins across Brighton and Hove

Two people have been charged in connection with shop break-ins in Hove, while four other people have been arrested in connection with burglaries across Brighton.

Ahmed Said, 31, of Marine Parade, Brighton has been charged with robbery at La Cave a Fromage on July 23 and criminal damage. He appeared at Brighton Magistrates’ Court on August 1 and has been remanded until August 29.

Sussex Police continue to investigate the burglaries

Sussex Police continue to investigate the burglaries

Muhhammed Ahmed, 35, of Ingram Crescent, Hove has been charged with two burglaries in Portland Road, Hove; one on June 10 and July 5 and theft from a shop on North Street, Brighton on July 10.

He appeared at Brighton Magistrates’ Court on July 29 and has been bailed to appear next on September 10.

Detective Inspector Ian Still said: “These charges are part of our ongoing investigation into the break-ins and issues for the business community.”

Superintendent Ed De La Rue said: “We have been working hard to tackle this series and have been carrying out reassurance and advice visits in the area.

"We also have specific patrols in this area during the night when most of the break-ins have occurred. We believe some of these may been have committed by the same offenders and are working to investigate any links between them.

“We have also arrested four people in connection with break-ins in the city centre area during the last week and continue to work hard to identify those responsible.

“We are holding regular meetings with local partners to see how we can work together to tackle this issue.

“If anyone has any information which they believe could help us, please contact us online.”