Three men jailed after Brighton burglary
Three men have been jailed following a burglary in Brighton, police said.
Rafal Rogulski, 38, of no fixed address, Cezary Sirerzpowski, 39, of no fixed address and Marcin Andrzej Zuk, 41, of Kingston Road, Wimbledon, have been jailed for a total of nine years following the burglary at a house in Bristol Gardens, Brighton, on September 6, last year.
Officers had received reports that three men on bikes went to the address just before midday, Sussex Police said.
While one acted as a lookout, the other two were reported to have broken in and stole a large amount of cash, designer clothing and two boxes containing highly sentimental jewellery.
CCTV, forensic evidence and witness accounts were crucial in securing a conviction against the three suspects, said police.
Rogulski and Sirerzpowski pleaded guilty to burglary in October, police said.
Zuk pleaded not guilty, confirmed police. but the jury found him to be guilty by unamimous decision at Lewes Crown Court on Wednesday (February 26).
Rogulski was sentenced to three years and a further six months for a second burglary at Marine Parade reported later that day, police said. The sentences are to be served consecutively.
Sirerzpowski and Zuk were both sentenced to three years each for burglary.
Detective Superintendent Mike Ashcroft, of Brighton and Hove, said: “This conviction is a fantastic example of different teams working hard to solve horrible crimes and bring the offenders to justice.
“Although the victim wasn’t required to give evidence, she attended the trial every day and acted with incredible dignity and restraint.
“The victim has been of immeasurable help to the investigation and we hope that this conviction goes some way to making her feel justice has been done.
“We will continue our work to prevent burglaries in the city and relentlessly target those who commit them.”