Boy dies in Brighton bus collision

Brighton bus collision 24-02-18. Photo by Eddie Mitchell
Brighton bus collision 24-02-18. Photo by Eddie Mitchell

A 15-year-old pedestrian died after a collision with a bus in Brighton early this morning.

Police said officers were called to the incident in Marine Parade near Burlington Street at 12.50am.

Brighton bus collision 24-02-18. Photo by Eddie Mitchell

Brighton bus collision 24-02-18. Photo by Eddie Mitchell

A police spokesman said: "The 15-year-old boy from Brighton was rushed to the Royal Sussex County Hospital, but was declared dead at 1.19am. His family has been informed."

"The road was closed to enable collision investigation work to take place and a contraflow remained in place on Saturday morning."

Police at the scene said no arrests had been made.

Witnesses are asked to contact the serious collision investigation unit quoting Operation Rivington. Call police on 101 or report online.